Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lovense extension issues
Hello guys,

In the last 2 weeks of september 2024 (and probably upcoming weeks too) there have been issues reported with Camerolla and Lovense extension in combination with Chaturbate site.
Here are the requirements to see this issue happening:
  • have camerolla installed
  • have OBS and the Lovense OBS Toolset installed
  • have the Lovense extension configured for Chaturbate inside camerolla (though this also happens in Google Chrome or other browsers sometimes)

When a model is streaming on Chaturbate, when a client wants to take that model into a private show, the private shows is somehow automatically denied by "something". The model most of the times doesn't have time to press the accept private button and even if accepts the private, it is somehow denied 1-2 seconds after that (most of the times, instantly).

I've made tests on my own and it appears that IF the original multi-rtmp of Lovense OBS toolset is installed, the privates ARE NOT denied. But if Camerolla's multi-rtmp is present instead, the privates are denied.
Why? I don't know. As a conspirationist, I tend to think that Lovense might be secretly streaming the private shows via their multi-rtmp plugin to their own servers, maybe they already have a huge collection of recorded private shows, i don't know... but this is only some theory of "why" they would deny the private show when their multi-rtmp plugin is missing. I don't have time to reverse-engineer their code to figure out if this is really happening, but i see no other reason why they could deny the private shows.

So, here is what I have tested:
  • if the lovense extension is installed in Camerolla but disabled for chaturbate (though keep it for all other sites), the private shows are working correctly on Chaturbate
  • i have tested by forcing their older extension which doesn't have this issue BUT models get "anxious" when they see their "upgrade notice" popup that shows the extension should upgrade
  • i have also tested with their lovense extension (latest version) but without Lovense OBS Toolset installed and in 90% of the cases, this also works ok
Now, I am faced with the situation that:
  • models NEED the extension because of the effects and toy-reactions (dooh, obviously)
  • models also love thier OBS Toolset because of the visual effects (dooh, nice work they did)

Several clients tried to reach Lovense on various channels (including myself), either by email or by Discord. We did NOT received any response from them OR we were banned from their Discort channels.

Now ... my hands are tied. They were forced to change the system their extension works due to Chrome manifest restrictions, thus the extension works differently now.
But as of Camerolla, I don't know what to do to make everyone happy, so in the latest release, here is what I did:
  • as of OBS, our multi-rtmp has been re-made so now it is named Camerolla MultiRTMP so it will not conflict with Lovense's MultiRTMP.
  • Camerolla itself (the browser) is shipped with their LATEST extension. However, if anyone of you wants to use the OLD extension, you can use --olderlovense parameter when starting Camerolla and this will be automatically handled by the browser.
  • t is up to you to decide if you want to use the OBS toolset or the extension on chaturbate, depending on how much you need the private shows on Chaturbate
Thanks for your time.